Administrative Assistant, College of Liberal Arts
Evansville, IN, USA
Title: Administrative Assistant, College of Liberal Arts
Division: Provost's Office
Department: College of Liberal Arts
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: Grade 4: $12.09/hour
EEO Job Group: 5 E6
The University of Southern Indiana is accepting applications for Administrative Assistant, College of Liberal Arts.
Provides administrative support for academic departments within the College of Liberal Arts by providing receptionist service for the deans’ offices.
- Provides administrative support for department chairs, faculty, students, and administrative staff to provide excellent student service, achieve recruitment and retention initiatives and advance the mission of the College of Liberal Arts and USI.
- Assists with inquiries about college offerings, providing preliminary information and referring inquirers to appropriate departments, university units, faculty and advisers as needed.
- Provides receptionist service for the deans’ offices by greeting visitors, answering telephone, and performing gatekeeping functions.
- Provides available data as requested and assists in assembling information for departmental and college reports or presentations including, but not limited to, any accreditation, assessment, scholarships, recruitment, and retention purposes.
- Provides administrative support requested to complete search process for new faculty, assist with orienting faculty to departmental and university procedures and culture.
- Assists with oversight of student workers who report to the dean’s office in accomplishing tasks such as mail distribution, student worker courier service and key access to labs and other multi-use room.
- Attends college meetings as directed.
- Schedules and gives approval for use of Liberal Arts Conference room and Kleymeyer Hall.
- Assists in implementing CLA sponsored events such as High School Media Day, History Day, World Languages and Culture’s Language Bowl, Departmental sponsored conferences and various lecture and events.
- Provides administrative support for the dean’s office/CLA if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Experience with Blackboard, Banner, and Microsoft Office suite preferred. Familiarity with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel programs required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- College course work preferred.
- Two years’ work experience in an office setting preferred.
Regular Work Hours/Travel Requirements
- Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
The University of Southern Indiana is a public higher education institution located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, IN. We offer employees exceptional benefits! Benefits for this position include:
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short term and long-term disability insurance plans.
- Retirement plan where the University makes the total contribution equivalent to 7% of annual salary.
- Full tuition fee waiver for employees/75% for spouses and dependent children.
- Accrue up to 10 paid vacation days per fiscal year – accrual increases after 4, 7, and 11 years of service
For more information about the benefits that USI offers, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/benefits.
About the College
For more information about USI's College of Liberal Arts please visit our website: https://www.usi.edu/liberal-arts
About the Department
For more information about USI's Media and Communication and Psychology Departments please visit their websites: https://www.usi.edu/liberal-arts/communications https://www.usi.edu/liberal-arts/psychology
Click “Apply Now!” near the top right of this page to complete an application and upload application materials. Application materials should include:
- Cover Letter
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Authorization to Work in the United States
USI typically will not sponsor an employment-related visa for this position.
Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please contact the manager of Employment at email@example.com or (812) 464-1840. Contacting the manager of Employment is intended for use in seeking disability-related accommodations only. For general applicant inquiries, contact Human Resources at HumanRes@usi.edu or (812) 464-1815.
The University of Southern Indiana is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.