Assistant, Global Distribution
Summary of Position
Lionsgate is seeking an experienced Assistant to support the President, Global Licensing & Distribution of the Motion Picture Group whose oversight encompasses domestic and international Theatrical, Home Entertainment and Television distribution. The position will also support the EVP, Global Distribution of the Motion Picture Group. This position requires an ability to interact with staff at all levels and high profile contacts in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, all while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide critical support to the President, Global Licensing & Distribution and EVP, Global Distribution by handling advanced-level administrative duties, performing confidential assignments, and coordinating day-to-day operations.
- Assist with inbound/outbound company communication and correspondence. To that effect, it is paramount to become involved and knowledgeable in the department's operation and the business in general.
- Manage, organize, and serve as a gatekeeper to a complex and dynamic calendars, coordinating across global time zones.
- Organize virtual and in-person business meetings/calls, making all necessary arrangements, including booking rooms, arranging for required audio, video, catering, and other logistical support/tools as required. Manage cross-time-zone dynamics and arrange for external attendee security clearances, coordinating with remote office contacts as needed.
- Complete ad-hoc assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience supporting Senior-Level Executives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word) and video conferencing; comfortable adopting new technology.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure without losing composure or professionalism.
- Should have a positive attitude and enthusiasm to build relationships across the organization and the company that will aid in effectively supporting the team.
- High level of integrity, with the ability to work on highly sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, and timeliness, taking personal accountability for all tasks.
- Passion for the business of entertainment with interest in a career in Global Distribution.
About the Company
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) encompasses world-class motion picture and television studio operations aligned with the STARZ premium global subscription platform to bring a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. The Company’s film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and a valuable collection of iconic film and television franchises. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for audiences worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate’s motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster’s Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$43,000 - $45,000
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.