Branch Manager (Grand Rapids, MI, US)
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Branch Manager within our Work Furniture team to help support our Furniture, Flooring, & Textile Products business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Branch Manager you will have the opportunity to define, build and implement opportunities for expansion. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by driving formal process improvement methodologies aimed at increasing productivities& efficiencies.. The team you will be working with is highly skilled, collaborative and quality focused.
So, what will you be doing as a Branch Manager?
• Develop annual operational strategy & goals with Branch Management team and hold team accountable for Branch level EBIT & FCF maximization
• Full P&L responsibility: Review income statement, analyze variances, and initiate plans to address performance gaps. Work with Group finance to optimize Balance Sheet performance through branch actions.
• Foster a customer service culture by continuously improving Quality and On Time Delivery. Lead the branch focus on outstanding customer experiences.
• Drive People First culture and L&P Values into the work environment and into the DNA of our branch level teams
• Lead and support strong safety focus and effective EHSS programs
• Manage effectiveness of the operation through use of KPIs & visual management system to drive improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
• Drive operational excellence and accountability by partnering with BMT leaders in HR, Quality, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Engineering, and Accounting
• Attract, develop, coach and retain a strong bench of operational leaders
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
• Follow all company administrative policies and procedures as required
• Solve problems using formal problem-solving tools and staff creativity to drive positive change
• Foster a continuous improvement culture through discipline to the LEG WF Performance System
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
• 5+ years of progressively responsible manufacturing operations management experience, preferably in a complex and large-scale environment
• Deep understanding of safety protocols & messaging
• Background in high-design, custom manufacturing as well as general production environments
• Background managing factory level P&L's
• Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, CI tools
• Ability to energize others
• Passion for building relationships and connecting inside and outside the organization
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Lean & CI tools
• Six Sigma a plus
• Creating and executing strategy and budgets
• Creating and delivering presentations
• Ability to identify talent; coach, mentor and develop individuals and highly effective teams
• Team building
• Problem solving
• Data analytics & data interpretation
• Project management
• Ability to set goals, hold people accountable and provide feedback
Things we consider a plus:
• Home furniture/office furniture experience
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
• Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
• Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
• Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
• Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com