Food Service Positions (Part-Time), SY 2023-2024 (N561-2324)
N561-2324: Food Service Worker Positions (Part-Time), SY 2023-2024 Talent Pool
FOOD & CHILD NUTRITION DEPARTMENT
REPORT TO: Designated Cook Manager / School Operations Manager
Under general supervision of school-based Food Service Manager performs duties involved in the safe preparation, serving, and storage of food, the cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities, cashiering, record keeping, and other related duties as required or assigned.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs food preparation tasks as assigned.
- Operates various kitchen equipment including, but not limited to oven, steamer, kettle, dishwasher and various other food preparation equipment.
- Assists in stocking serving lines to allow continuous flow in serving.
- Assists in receiving and storing of food items.
- Follows proper sanitary and health practices for food receiving, storage, preparation and serving.
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing all work areas and surfaces including equipment, pots, pans, and utensils used during workday.
- Assists in properly storing leftover foods.
- May assist in preparation of daily food production records for food items prepared.
- Lunch service job tasks include serving the daily meal, cashiering, and washing dishes.
- May assist school-based food service manager in maintaining proper records related to meal counts and daily cash deposits.
- Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Performs related work as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Previous commercial food preparation/service experience desirable.
- Ability to effectively follow written/verbal directions to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate safe food handling principles, kitchen sanitation and safety, and good personal hygiene.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal effectively and courteously with students, food service department staff and school personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The individual must also be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, engage in repetitive motion including lifting up to 40 pounds when assigned to kitchen duties and must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes from freezer to oven area (0-90 degrees F).
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per diem employee: $15.00/hour
EVALUATION: Annually in writing by Cook Manager or Operations Manager.
UNION AFFILIATION: None
NOTE: This description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. It shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day to day.