Information Technology Intern
Wichita, KS 67213, USA
IT / Computer Engineering
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
The Information Technology Intern will learn about the Non-Profit industry and gain exposure to the many different facets of Information Technology; wherein, they will have the opportunity to acquire the knowledge needed to effectively problem-solve in a professional workplace. Additionally, the Information Technology Intern will provide administrative support in the overall Information Technology function. In this position, the Information Technology Intern will combine business-focused, on-the-job experience with professional development activities in a professional setting to gain a better understanding of the Information Technology role.
The internship is a paid position located at our Wichita, Kansas headquarters at $17.00 per hour.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Conduct annual physical asset inventory at the Wichita locations to validate current asset inventory and make needed adjustments.
- Ensure updates are made to the Asset Database in Solarwinds during onboarding, offboarding, and computer repair scenarios.
- Assist Project Manager in tracking actions for current projects
- Conduct Application Account audits
- Participate in additional Information Technology departmental meetings
- Provide support to the Information Technology department in administering Information Technology functions as needed
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology required
- Minimum two years professional workplace experience preferred
- Database skills a plus
- Previous Information Technology professional workplace experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven level of accuracy and ability to handle confidential information
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish projects
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to take initiative to complete projects, tasks and assignments
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0___
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0___
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
_X__ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job