Arc, Florida, a division of Cadence, Inc., is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor at our Deland, FL office!
This hands-on position is responsible for the coordination, supervision and execution of all maintenance work needed to ensure continuous operation of all electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical and electrical systems within the facility. Responsibilities also include the maintenance of the building and the exterior grounds. This position is responsible to provide leadership to ensure a secure and safe work environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute maintenance activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team.
- Development and implementation of support systems to aid in maintenance task completion and documentation
- Develop and maintain maintenance reporting metrics related to costs, parts, labor and customer support Implement and support preventative maintenance programs
- Support maintenance purchasing by following guidelines and writing and submitting capital expenditure.
- Ensure safety training, as required by OSHA
- Partners with leadership to enforce safety, champion safety education and compliance.
- Responsible for all facets of the safety program for the site.
- Actively work to improve facility safety culture to include behaviors, participation, and development of an injury free working environment
- Conduct periodic safety and health walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities. Implement preventive measures and recommend improvement on the unsafe conditions/material/equipment
- Participates in all safety investigations, reports, analysis and provides continuing guidance to investigation team
- Establish and monitor a program for reporting and investigating “near-miss” situations Inspects tools and equipment on a periodic basis during their overall use
- Any other duties that may reasonably be assigned
Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience leading a Maintenance team - manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Standard for General Industry that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures. Formal training in these areas may substitute for experience
- Knowledge of OSHA standards
- Intermediate skills of Microsoft Office Programs: Excel, Word, Alan Bradley PLC, Panel Builder for Operator Interface Panels
- Ability to inspect, install, repair and maintain electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic control systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and adhering to preventative maintenance programs
- Ability to effectively delegate and supervise and deliver training
- Strong written and oral and organizational communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
- Starting salary DOE
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, climb or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to work in a manufacturing environment which may include dirt, dust, oils and grease
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment as necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.