Molding Tech - 1st Shift
Arc, Florida, a division of Cadence, Inc., is seeking a Mold Tech on 1st shift (Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm). This position is responsible for setting up and adjusting molding machines as necessary. Troubleshoots injection molding machine start-up, robotics, and vision systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Training & Responsibilities
- Produces samples of newly molded parts.
- Baselines molding set-ups. Troubleshoot process as needed.
- Handles document control updating when necessary.
- Develops, implements, and monitors set-up and problem solving procedures.
- Performs advanced molding or secondary operations as necessary.
- Performs other set-up or production jobs as deemed necessary.
- Trains new mold technicians in appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Set-up molding machines for initial run of any part including robotics and vision systems.
- Provides technical recommendations, advice, and/or guidance to mold machine operators.
- Ensures each machine is cleaned between jobs or changeover of materials and molds.
- Inserts molds and conducts general machine set-up adhering to all pre-established safety procedures.
- Ensures molding machines are producing parts as specified in the parameters.
- Documents daily molding events in the technician log.
- Prepares documentation for production runs.
- Evaluates and approves First Piece from production runs.
- Documents and reports mold and equipment related problems.
- Conducts a minimum of two quality checks on parts per shift.
- Maintains feedstock inventory to the planning department.
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area at all times.
- Maintains clean grinders, hoppers and loaders during changeovers.
- Interfaces with engineering, tool room, and quality assurance regarding parts, end of arm tools and feedstock respectively.
- Hourly wage DOE.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient using Microsoft Office software applications
- Working knowledge of various measuring tools and equipment including micrometers and calipers
- Able to trouble shoot molding processes and adjust as necessary to produce a quality part
- Ability to be flexible, working outside of normally scheduled hours to complete work as needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong mechanical skills
- Knowledge and ability to work with mechanical hand tools
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and forklifts as needed
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Education, Experience, & Training:
A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. The preferred candidate will have two years of experience in molding processes, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
This position is in a manufacturing environment which may include contact with dirt, dust, oils and grease. Candidates must be willing and able to push, pull, bend, crawl, reach, kneel or stand to perform daily work in a manufacturing environment which may include contact with dirt, dust, oils and grease. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted to successfully perform this job.