Non-Certified Tutors - Districtwide, 2023-2024 SY Talent Pool (N29-2324)
POSTING NUMBER: N29-2324
N29-2324: Non-Certified Tutors - Districtwide, 2023-2024 School Year Talent Pool
Hartford Public Schools is committed to recruiting a diverse team of talented educators who are dedicated to developing each student’s individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. Qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families and community, and who would like to be considered for current and future teaching opportunities within the district, are encouraged to apply.
POSITION: Non-Certified Tutors - Districtwide, 2023-2024 School Year Talent Pool
REPORTS TO: School Principal or Administrator
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of an administrator or certified staff, Tutors provide the connection between the student and the student's regular classroom teacher who plans the curriculum. The tutor assists the students by meeting with them on a regular basis to review class material, discuss the text and review assignments. Additionally, tutors will administer assignments and assessments as directed by the certified teacher and will provide information to the teacher about the student's learning progress.
- Demonstrates facility in the skills of Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Effectively implements instructional plans left by the classroom teacher or building administrators and uses appropriate instructional techniques
- Effectively communicates with students and with classroom teacher
- Helps students develop positive self-concepts
- Establishes a positive learning environment
- Establish good rapport with children
- Follows classroom procedures as outlined by the classroom teacher
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Ability to work well and care for children
- Patience and desire to assist children
- High Literacy and Numeracy skills required
- Ability to work under stress and within time constraints
- Must have at least 60 credits or a conferred Associate’s degree. Degree/College credits may be waived with a High School Diploma and a specialized skill (example: Bilingual, other language/English) supported by the English Language Learner Department.
UNION AFFILIATION: N/A
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internal and external applicants must submit an online application. To apply, please visit https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/hartford and follow the appropriate link.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D
Note: This posting does not necessarily reflect vacancies in the respective subject area and is solely intended to generate a talent pool for future certified teaching opportunities. The above job description covers the principle duties and responsibilities of the job. The description should not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all duties, or as a contract. In all cases, these relationships, functions, and their applications are subject to change by the superintendent of schools.