Process Engineer- Injection Molding
ARC Florida, a division of Cadence, Inc. is seeking a Process Engineer with Plastic Injection Molding focus to join the team for our Metal Injection Molding facility located in Deland, FL.
- It's a great place to work– From our company culture to our benefits program, and a 5 day work week.
- We are experts in our field - With more than three decades of manufacturing excellence, we continue to improve outcomes and product performance by developing what others deem impossible.
- You will be valued – At Cadence we consider our employees to be our most valuable asset, and as such we are committed to providing you with an environment where you will be appreciated, respected, and challenged.
What will you do as a Process Engineer?
- Development, creation, and execution of Scientific Molding package during New Product Development.
- Development of processes on new tools and evaluate tools for process capability. Evaluate part/tool design for manufacturability.
- Document set up and run parameters for the molding press.
- Develop, implement, and maintain process development tools (Rheology curve, gate freeze, master process record) in a presentable package.
- Documents process parameters by utilizing the Master Process documentation procedure.
- Develops and maintains work instructions associated with setting up, troubleshooting and running molding jobs.
- Complete IQ/OQ/PQ and PPAP validations.
- Where automation is utilized, assists in developing robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality. Assists in testing robotics procedures and documents results.
- Assists in reviewing existing jobs and molding processes for continuous improvement with a focus on improving product quality, machine utilization, productivity efficiencies, and reducing set up times and scrap.
- Troubleshoot injection-molding machines to evaluate problems.
- Supports production jobs and verifies the acceptability of all physical attributes of the parts including resin moisture testing, date code, color, revision level, version, part number, size, critical feature detail, Class A surface appearance, etc. as required.
- Design, implement, and evaluate DOEs as appropriate.
- Collects and analyzes critical to function part dimension data to determine if parts are within customer and company specifications.
- Updates work sketches to reflect changes made to the manufacturing process to correct problems or issues.
- Investigates and reports on root causes of product defects and scrap throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Performs Design of Experiments (DOE’s) to collect and measure variance data from various stages of the manufacturing process. Once collected the data is used to analyze the effects of the process or treatment on a product.
- Assists manufacturing with any daily process issues.
- Establishes reliable measurement systems to ensure parts are conforming to customer specifications.
- Assists other engineers in reviewing and assessing internal and customer drawings and specifications.
- Reviews and advises on Process Variance Reports (PVR’s) and Discrepant Material Report (DMR’s).
- Document part programs per our ISO 9001 and 13485 requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Basic understanding of molding processes (Plastic Injection Molding)
- Working knowledge of 3-D CAD (Solidworks)
- Strong statistical expertise including DOE’s, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Process Capability (Cp)
- Ability to read blueprints
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Education, Experience, & Training:
4 years BS Engineering Degree (Plastics, Manufacturing, Mechanical)
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.