HyperLight’s vision is a world where photonics is everywhere. HyperLight is a venture-backed start-up that was spun off from Harvard University in 2018 based on a revolutionary invention that enabled Thin-Film Lithium Niobate (TFLN). Our platform offers electro-optic bandwidth and power consumption performance with excellent cost efficiencies unmatched by other materials, and can be processed into photonic integrated circuits at high yield and large volume. HyperLight is the global leader in commercializing the TFLN platform, enabling diverse customers spanning from telecom to quantum, unlocking previously unimagined new applications and performances.
HyperLight provides end-to-end, customized, scalable, and high performance photonic integrated circuits solutions for paying customers around the world within optical communications, sensing, and emerging photonic applications. We are a driven and forward-thinking team with extensive experience in design, engineering, scalable manufacturing, integrated photonics technologies, nanofabrication, device physics, and process development in semiconductor materials. We partner with our customers from conceptualization, design, and prototyping phases, all the way through mass production to achieve revolutionary system performance and functionality.
At HyperLight, our people are our greatest asset, and we manifest that by empowering our team in our interactions and business decisions. Our growing team is looking for an RF Engineer to join the Product Team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and validation of integrated RF passive components and interconnects for optical modulators operating at mmWave frequencies, as well as the co-design and integration of our modulators with active components such as driver amplifiers. As an RF Engineer at HyperLight, you will play a crucial role in developing cutting-edge solutions for advanced communication systems.
- Market competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive Health Coverage: family and individual plans, vision, dental.
- 401(k) Retirement plans with employee matching.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Flexible hybrid work and vacation policies.
- Commuter Benefits and Subsidy.
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities.
Role responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including photonics designers and system architects to design and optimize RF components for our photonic integrated circuits, including interconnects, terminations, and travelling wave electro-optic modulators.
- Perform detailed electromagnetic simulation and modeling using software tools such as CST Microwave Studio or Ansys HFSS to optimize device performance.
- Develop robust test and calibration techniques for characterizing RF components at mmWave frequencies on-wafer and in-package.
- Conduct thorough validation of RF components, including measurement and analysis using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Provide technical guidance throughout the product development lifecycle, from concept to manufacturing and production.
This position requires:
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Deep understanding of transmission line theory, S-parameters, and RF circuit design.
- Proficiency in electromagnetic simulation tools (e.g., CST Microwave Studio, Ansys HFSS) and RF design tools (e.g., Cadence, Keysight ADS).
- Deep understanding of passive RF components, such as coupled transmission lines, impedance matching networks and interconnects. Experience with on-die passive component design is a plus.
- Experience with RF measurements using equipment like network analyzers, signal generators, and power meters. Probe station experience and familiarity with on-wafer calibration techniques is a plus.
- Strong communication skills to convey complex technical concepts clearly.
- Familiarity with software automation of measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis using tools like Python or JMP.
- Familiarity with optical modulators and/or photonic integrated circuits is highly desirable.
Authorization to work in the US required.
HyperLight is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.