Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The MSAT Scientist is part of a team of highly skilled scientists responsible for technical and scientific support for manufacturing of all Seagen products manufactured internally at the North Creek manufacturing facility. The incumbent collaborates with peers from Development functions to ensure a high degree of manufacturability of the processes being developed and will contribute to or lead tech transfers. The incumbent will play a critical role in technology transfers, GMP manufacturing technical support and process optimization. The MSAT Scientist will act as a subject matter expert (SME) relating to downstream manufacturing processes (purification and conjugation) supporting change controls, scale-down/up studies, technology implementation projects and process optimization.
- Responsible for downstream and conjugation manufacturing process technical support for internal manufacturing as a subject matter expert
- Provides technical support for clinical or commercial stage programs, including sub-team representation
- Provides guidance for root cause investigations of process related deviations, including CAPA design and implementation
- Authors and reviews technical reports, manufacturing documents, and regulatory submissions
- Leverages literature, ICH/regulatory guidance, and practical experience to perform their work and influence CMC strategies
- Provides person-in-plant manufacturing oversight
- Recommends and implements new technology that advances knowledge and productivity within the department
- Presents at department, project team, and senior management meetings. May present externally at scientific
- Scientific and technical experience within process development or manufacturing for purification/conjugation manufacturing processes
- Motivated with the ability to work independently as well as on cross-functional and cross-site teams
- Strong communication skills and computer literacy are essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory
- Detail oriented, strong organization and time management skills
- Creative problem solver willing to troubleshoot and establish new protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 7+ years experience of pharmaceutical development or manufacturing. Alternatively, a Master’s with 5+ years experience or PhD with 2+ years experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $123,000 to $160,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.