Space Systems Operations Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph Desired
LMI is seeking a skilled Space Systems Operations Analyst at our office in Colorado Springs, CO.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
The qualified applicant will put their warfighter skills and technical acumen to use assessing the next generation of US Space Force capabilities as part of an innovative, fast-paced analytical team that is changing the USSF’s conception of what space can accomplish. Our Operations Analysts fill a variety of roles, including developing analytical mission threads, collecting, adjudicating, and managing operational and systems data via Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches, defining/ managing military utility Systems Engineering measures, and employing all of these to accomplish analyses using the RAPTR analytical suite.
- Engage with customers to understand analysis needs and translate them into work products.
- Understand, manage, and translate current and Future Operational Concepts (FOCs), campaign and operations scenarios, Joint Mission Threads (JMTs), platform and system specs, etc. into representative simulations for assessing future space (space, link, and terrestrial) architectures.
- Develop MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) data models which drive the MS&A and facilitate collaboration with government and industry organizations.
- Actively participate in agile analytical sprint processes and ceremonies.
- Employ and advocate for rigorous, but highly dynamic systems engineering analytical best practices to ensure consistency across all analytical work.
- Collaborate with software developers to ensure Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) frameworks accurately represent architectures, platforms, etc.
- Collaborate with analytical experts to guide advanced analytical approaches and evaluate results.
- Collaborate with non-LMI Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure we deliver the best-informed products.
- Dive into research on technical development aspects (e.g., space orbit astrodynamics, unique DoD systems functionality) to ensure platform and system models are accurate.
- Demonstrate your analytical products to customers.
- Conduct multi-domain operations research.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 8+ years of professional development experience or master’s degree in a STEM field with 6+ years of professional development experience.
- Strong and demonstrable background in systems engineering.
- Relevant joint warfighter experience from operational, science & technology, operational test, etc.
- Analytical skills which will enable you to keep pace with this team that is changing the world.
- Able to work collaboratively across disciplines.
- Ability to give and take feedback.
- Self-start, follow thru, and complete projects from start-to-finish.
- Possess or be willing to be processed for a U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph.
Target salary range: $119,000 - $212,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to your skills, experience, education, and/or certifications.