Strategic Communications Specialist - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
LMI is seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist who will provide operational and strategic communications support to an Intelligence Community (IC) program. This will include supporting communications and outreach campaigns, authoring content, and development of communication products and solutions. Communication with the organization’s senior-level staff and collaboration with a broad range of personnel is also required. The position will be located in the Washington DC area.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
If you come from the strategic communications world, this might the job for you! Our client is in need of someone with a strong communications background. You will help to convey strategic priorities to a range of audiences, as well as execute communication plans for a variety of initiatives.
Responsibilities may include:
- Effective creation and execution of communication strategies and products to support our client’s mission and priorities.
- Provide communication support that shall assist with managing enterprise-level internal and external communications channels, products, and partnerships.
- Provide communications services that assist to convey, promote, and disseminate information to stakeholders related to ongoing and future initiatives. Collaborate with stakeholders to produce communications products and plans
- Lead the development and production of newsletters, articles, presentations, talking points, web content, new (social) media content, and press releases in a clear and concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Convey, promote, and disseminate various materials related to the organization's priorities and initiatives. Liaise with partners to strategically communicate. This may include working with Public Affairs Officials, Legislative Affairs, and other DoD components.
- Train others in public relations communications and speaking with the media
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience supporting the IC with experience writing, editing, preparing briefs, and creating talking points for leadership.
- Significant expertise in communications principles, methods, practices, and techniques, including skill in presenting ideas in speech and in written form to inform and persuade audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering strategic communications through a variety of media, including print and digital.
- Must be able to adapt to changing environments within the IC and be flexible with expectations to communication outreach tasks.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills, with proficiency in multiple methods of visual communication.
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in federal government or federal government consulting.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.