LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
Position is on the research staff of a government consulting organization and will be based out of Reston, VA. This position provides verified mathematical and scientific techniques programmatically to answer questions prioritized by the Sponsor.
- Work with a project-based team comprised of staff and other contractors.
- Work closely with the Sponsor to review and track data science requirements and provide regular status updates.
- Consult with customers to determine present and future user needs for Sponsor consideration.
- Utilize project management systems such as a Content Management System (CMS) (e.g. Wordpress), Confluence and JIRA to define and track requirements.
- Engage frequently with customers and stakeholders to clearly explain the project status and results in both written and verbal or multimedia briefings.
- Provide traceability within program documents and the overall computing environment and architecture.
- Implement data science requirements, to include data engineering and data analytics services as defined by the Sponsor.
- Use the full software lifecycle to create data science products which include data ingestion, analytics which may include machine learning, and some form of output as either a machine-readable format (e.g. file output, database output, standard/streaming output) or a user interface or dashboard.
- Develop robust data engineering pipelines utilizing Apache Nifi and Python to include use and development of REST APIs and microservices.
- Clean, parse and transform data from multiple file types into appropriate database architecture (e.g. SQL, noSQL, graph) which performs at scale.
- Develop self-guided training curriculum which includes detailed Jupyter Notebooks and documentation about how to use open-source and commercial software and Sponsor-developed data science software.
- Develop, deploy and provide feature enhancements using Python for data science products and services, to include Python packages, code documentation, notebooks, and microservices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., related discipline)
- Minimum 6-8 years experience
- Demonstrated experience programming with Python.
- Demonstrated experience with general Linux computing and advanced bash scripting.
- Demonstrated experience constructing complex multi-data source queries with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Neo4J or RDS.
- Demonstrated experience processing data sources containing structured or unstructured data.
- Demonstrated experience developing data pipelines with NiFi to bring data into a central environment.
- Demonstrated experience delivering results to stakeholders through written documentation and oral briefings.
- Demonstrated experience using code repositories such as Git.
- Demonstrated experience using Elastic and Kibana technologies.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience documenting such artifacts as code, Python packages and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience using Jupyter Notebooks.
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning techniques including natural language processing.
- Demonstrated experience explaining complex technical issues to more junior data scientists, in graphical, verbal, or written formats.
- Demonstrated experience developing tested, reusable and reproducible work.
- Work or educational background in one or more of the following areas: mathematics, statistics, hard sciences (e.g. Physics, Computational Biology, Astronomy, Neuroscience, etc.) computer science, data science, or business analytics.
- Must possess TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Demonstrated experience with system configurations, development and design, specifically around enterprise systems.
- Demonstrated experience communicating both verbally and in writing, when responding to emails, telephone calls and/or in person inquiries from organizational personnel.
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISC Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISC Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- ISC Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)