IT Operations Support Manager (N128-2324)
POSTING NUMBER: N128-2324
POSTING DATE: June 21, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
POSITION: IT Operations Support Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Innovation Officer
The position requires a hands-on technical leader who is responsible for facilitating, organizing, maintaining, and managing a high call completion rate and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for the City of Hartford and Hartford Public Schools end user community.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Successfully manage the day-to-day operational effectiveness of the Support Services team and coordinate job schedules.
· Oversees and manages the service call volumes for Desktop Technicians and Help Desk staff.
· Provide a high level of customer service by executing methodologies and processes to improve call resolutions, manage expectations and develop strong and stable internal relationships.
· Advises clients of requirements, availability of service, modes of access, as well as sources for equipment and training.
· Serve as focal point for customer concerns.
· Documents client support requests, evaluates results, and strives for continuous improvement in customer service.
· Measure and track help desk metrics and streamline on-boarding processes of new hires.
· Research and develop new processes to increase deployment process quality and performance.
· Ability to use data to report, analyze and make recommendations for help desk support improvements.
· Perform on-site inspections when necessary of equipment.
· Evaluates quality of service and makes recommendations for new software, equipment, upgrades, access, etc.
· Ability to analyze system and software program specifications to determine equipment and software requirements.
· Incorporates workflow needs and requirements into system development and coordinates best business practices into appropriate system workflow.
· Develop test plans for new software and hardware implementation.
· Assists in evaluating operational performance of system components (hardware, software and workflow).
· Participates in, or leads troubleshooting projects and be able to work in a cross functional team environment.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Computing or closely related field.
· Minimum of five (5) years of management experience that includes recruiting, mentoring, career development, performance management, leadership and or team building.
· Minimum of eight (8) years in IT, customer service or other relevant operations settings.
· Experience with infrastructure and platform technologies such as M365, Google, Exchange Online,
· Five (5) Years of customer service experience in a call center environment.
· Customer focused with experience and knowledge of help desk policies and procedures.
· Advanced knowledge of a variety of Information Technology concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Experience utilizing ticketing / workflow systems.
· Project management experience.
· Familiarity with public school systems reporting needs and data requirements.
· Experience working in a municipal or K-12 environment.
· Demonstrates advanced communication skills, reflecting sensitivity to tone, audience and organizational units.
· Deep knowledge and experience with common desktop, peripheral, mobile, virtualization, imaging, configuration, packaging, delivery, and network technologies necessary to build and deliver device and desktop services.
· Desktop operating systems such as Windows, Mac OSX, Chrome OS, and iOS.
· Working knowledge of service center technologies such as call centers and ticketing systems.
· Extensive experience administrating M365 and G Suite for Education.
· Demonstrated experience with IT service desk processes including management of incidents and knowledge.
· Demonstrated experience with IT support tools and practices.
· Demonstrated experience fostering relationships with end users and being a champion of service excellence.
· Strong decision-making skills and ability to work effectively with client management.
· Proficient experience managing cultural and/or organizational change.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
· Strong customer service and technical experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Effective time management skills with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritizing work.
· Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate service-oriented vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy of the organization and its clients.
· Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively.
· Excellent Communicator.
· Training system users.
· Plan, organize, problem-solve, and think abstractly/conceptually.
· Conduct research into IT issues and products as required.
· Work positively and collaboratively and build strong working relationships within the team.
· Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain focused and positive when faced with unexpected situations and/or changing conditions.
· Quickly learn, adapt and apply new technology, procedures and concepts.
· Develop training materials and quick reference guides.
· Provide in person training to staff in the use of enterprise wide applications.
· Be agile per business needs and manage multiple priorities.
· Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
· Communicate simply, effective, and in a non-technical manner so that individuals who do not have a technical background can understand.
· Ensure accurate and timely resolution for assigned issues.
· Work independently without direction or guidance to research information
· Work effectively with customers, administration, and other technical staff to resolve technical problems quickly and efficiently.
· Handle multiple projects at once.
· Work under pressure, with challenging time constraints and changing deadlines and priorities.
· Periodically work extended and/or flexible schedule.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-Months; Salary Grid Level – C735 ($95,755-$115,502)
HSSSA – Hartford Schools Support Supervisors Association
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internal and external applicants must submit an online application. To apply, please visit https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/hartford and follow the appropriate link.
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) is a diverse community of educators and approximately 18,000 students attending 39 distinctive magnet, community, and neighborhood schools, located in the capital city of Connecticut. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education, cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, closing the opportunity gaps, and preparing students for life, college, career, and success.
HPS recruits and selects diverse professionals, who are committed to developing students’ individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. Highly talented and qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families, and community are strongly encouraged to apply immediately!
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools?
Hartford Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates and wants to provide the best experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
● Competitive salary
● Career growth opportunities
● Tuition reimbursement
● Rich health care plan
● Professional development
Diversity Among Us
Hartford Public Schools is a diverse community of scholars and educators. Among our 18,000 students, there are 90 languages spoken; 22% of our student population are English Learners. Over 85% of the population are students of color. At Hartford Public Schools, we are well above the national average for diverse teachers and administrators. Among our teachers and administrators, 27% and 47%, respectively, identify as people of color.
Hartford is the Place for You
The state of Connecticut is seated on the northeastern seaboard. Hartford is within an hour’s drive of the coastline and is centrally located between New York City and Boston. Hartford is one of America’s oldest and most historic cities, made up of 17 unique neighborhoods rich in history and diversity. It is commonly known as the “insurance capital” due to its prominence beginning in the 19th century as home to many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the U.S., many of which still call Hartford home today. The city features world-class museums, entertainment, and sports venues and is home to several major companies. An array of restaurants reflecting cuisines from all over the world attract people from far and wide, and more than 200 arts, heritage, and cultural organizations in the Hartford region provide hundreds of events year-round. In addition, several universities and colleges are in Hartford and the surrounding towns, allowing easy access to advanced degree programs.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D