Junior Data Scientist
LMI is seeking a skilled Data Analyst at our headquarters office in Tysons, VA. Successful Data Analysts demonstrate competency in data analysis, data visualization, statistics, programming, project execution, and critical thinking.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
This data analyst will work as part of a team of experienced data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts to support advanced analytics projects for the Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office (CDAO) of the Department of Defense. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate the ability to frame and scale data problems to effectively analyze, visualize and find data solutions.
- Will, with the guidance and support of experienced team members, build robust, scalable data pipelines using big data technologies such as Spark.
- Transform data and analysis into informative data visualizations and/or interactive dashboards.
- The analyst will need the ability to work in teams and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, engineering, or other related business or quantitative discipline is required.
- Experience working with Python.
- Experience creating meaningful data visualizations and/or interactive dashboards that communicate your findings and relate them back to how your insights create business impact using platforms such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, RShiny, plotly, and d3.js.
- Experience with data science methods related to data architecture, data munging, data and feature engineering, and predictive analytics.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- This position requires the ability to receive a security clearance at the Secret level. You must be a US citizen.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Working knowledge of Spark or PySpark
- Experience with Databricks, Qlik, or the Advana analytics platform
- Previous DOD experience.
- Previous experience working with supply chain or maintenance data or processes.
- Active DoD security clearance at the Secret or Top Secret level.